I can usually handle my own problems, so I am wondering do I need therapy and will counseling be right for me?
Everyone goes through challenging times in life. Seeking out therapy is an individual, couple and family choice. Some difficulties can be successfully navigated on your own and other relationship difficulties can benefit from extra support. A professional who is trained in relationships can help you through a relationship challenge, a difficult time or a life transition. As Your Relationship Expert, I will provide support, insight and helpful strategies for your relationship issues. Therapy is right for any couple, individual or family who is interested in getting the most out of their life by taking responsibility, creating greater self-awareness and working toward changing their lives in a positive direction. Therapy is a gift you give to yourself!
What can I expect from sessions with you?
I suggest weekly sessions of 50-75 minutes depending on whether it is couple’s, family or individual sessions. As we work together the frequency of your sessions can change. There will be times when you are asked to take certain actions outside of the therapy sessions, such as reading a relevant book, a homework activity or to keep records tracking certain behaviors. Completing these actions as well as processing what has been discussed and integrating it into your life is important to the success of achieving your desired outcome. For therapy to be most effective you must be an active participant, both during and between the sessions.
Find out more about me so you can get a sense of who I am and if we would be a good fit for each other.
How much does therapy cost?
Do you give a complimentary phone consultation?
What forms of payment do you accept?
What is your cancellation policy?
What insurance plans do you take?
What is a Good Faith Estimate?
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services. As a client in my practice, your Good Faith Estimate is available to you and can be requested at all times. Your Good Faith Estimate will be given to you in writing prior to your first visit with me.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
If you believe you’ve been wrongly billed, you may contact: Florida’s Department of Health by calling 850-245-4444.
Do you prescribe medication?
Is therapy confidential?
- If it is suspected that a child or elder is being abused, therapists are mandated by law to report abuse to the abuse hotline. If you suspect a child or elder is being abused you can make an anonymous call to the Florida Abuse Hotline at 1-800-96-ABUSE.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the individual to ensure their safety. However, if an individual does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. The therapist is required to notify the police.
- If a judge subpoenas medical records or the therapist to a court hearing, confidentiality is broken in order to cooperate with the law.
Contact me today and I will be happy to answer any additional questions you might have about me or any of my relationship services. As Your Relationship Expert, I look forward to hearing from you so we can begin your journey of transformation. Today is the day to get started on finding the happiness you desire!