Does your marriage feel routine? Do you want to “date” your spouse but you don’t have any ideas? Are you ready for some simple tips to reconnect?
Use this list as a guide to get your mind thinking in the “romance” direction. It is time to be inspired, get creative, show your love and make some magic!
25 Romantic Ideas
- Hold hands often, in private and in public
- Whisper, “I love you” in your spouse’s ear.
- Stay home from work and stay in bed all day.
- Write a love note and place it in one of your spouse’s drawers.
- Take a tube of lipstick and write love notes on the bathroom mirror.
- Write a love note on a post it and place it on the steering wheel of your spouse’s car.
- Go dancing and hold each other close.
- Take up a new hobby that you can share together.
- Spend an evening outside lying on the grass, looking at the stars and talking about your dreams for the future.
- Surprise your spouse by planning a fancy date.
- Get your spouse a gift, for no reason except to say, “I was thinking about you”.
- Make a list of all the things you love about your spouse and mail it to him/her.
- Rent a romantic movie. Watch that movie with a bowl of strawberries and whipped cream.
- Go to a romantic movie, sit in the back row, cuddle, hold hands and kiss.
- Make a photo album of your special days. This visual scrapbook will remind you both about what made you fall in love with each other.
- Find a special tree and carve your initials in it.
- Run through a light rain holding hands and kissing.
- Read a couple of pages from a romantic novel or some love poems from a book of poetry.
- Share a newspaper article or interesting website you discovered.
- Leave a single red rose on your spouse’s pillow.
- Go out to a restaurant/bar, sit at the bar and flirt with each other.
- Pack a picnic dinner, go to a park or beach and watch the sunset.
- Blindfold your spouse and drive them to a romantic place.
- Bring home take out from your favorite restaurant and light candles with romantic music playing in the background.
Try the ideas on this list or come up with some original ones on your own. Show your love for your spouse in different ways. Think spontaneous, think sweet gestures, think romance, think lasting love. As Mignon McLaughlin said, “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” Enjoy reconnecting, strengthening your relationship, being passionate and falling in love all over again!
Your Relationship Expert,